Saturday, January 15, 2011

" Happiness lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort." Vincent Van Gogh

         I present to you " The Architect." My goal with this chair was to get in the mind of an architect. I confess I don't know alot about the subject. My daughter Sasha is in her third year at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, studying to become an architect. We've had many design conversations and I have seen her elaborate building models to secure the confidence to make this chair.
        One of my goals was to use multiple elements. Six species of woods, four metals, and white  plexiglass.Some I'm familiar with some I'm not.
        Many thoughts entered my mind in pursuing this project. I am giving this chair to Sasha for her 21st birthday so her acceptance is paramount, for the chair will surely  out live me. I was leery of over thinking the project but about five hours in I was raring to go and I let my design instincts take over.
      The bird in flight represents the constant commitment and passion Sasha displays toward her craft. May she continue to soar to great heights!
      I am very proud of the outcome and believe it was a positive growing experience for me.
      Thank you for your continued support, I'll see you next Sunday,
      Scott

7 comments:

  1. It's truly wonderful Scott, an inspired work for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome - you really have captured an architectural feel. You should be very proud. It is indeed a departure for you but it still has your signature style all over it! Good job breaking new ground while staying true to yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is beautiful! I found your blog through Brian's post and look forward to reading your updates :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott,

    This chair is monumental! What a perfect gift for Sasha's birthday, especially at this point in her life.

    Someone right next to me said that there were echoes of FLW in the chair. I agree, but I see your stamp and your style all over it! I'm sure it is even more breathtaking in person.

    Wishing you a very productive and creative week coming up! Keep up the excellent work!

    Take care,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  5. That amazing piece!
    very original!
    is art in everywhere!
    a hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scott,
    This is a gorgeous piece of work! You've taken inspiration to a whole new level. Sasha should be elated and proud!

    It's always a pleasure to see your work, Scott.

    To continued creativity!
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all!!!! You all keep me going and I thank you for that !!! :)
    See you next Sunday....Make tons of ART!!
    Scott

    ReplyDelete