Saturday, January 8, 2011

" The artist is not a reporter, but a Great Teacher. It is not his business to depict the world as it is, but as it ought to be" H.L. Mencken


Waiting

This week I find myself struggling to survive. The big show has been up for two weeks with another four to go. Patience is the game at the moment and with failure not being an option, I'll stay the course. I am working on new chairs and hope to post them before next Sunday. One is a chair that I am becoming very proud of, it's complexities are refreshing and keep my mind on creating. The chair is for my daughter that is in her third year in college to be an architect. I find myself with many thoughts as I make this chair, thoughts of acceptance, thoughts of her having it long after my death and thoughts of urgency of completing it so I can display it at the show. I don't usually think about design as intensely as I am with this chair. Time will tell, I am enjoying the process.
I'd like to show you chairs from other artists in this blog because there's a lot of great art out there and I don't have anything new of my own.

One is this great blog I found  it had a mini chair show in August and thought it was way cool! I can't seem to get the link to work, it's minigalleryo- blog spot. I hope you check it out. Others are just cool random chairs I find here and there.........enjoy!

I had some other chairs that apparently didn't like a downloading so for today you'll have to live with these which are more humorous than fine art not including the first shot. I will get better at this blog game so please bear with me.
Thank you all for showing up it means alot to me.
Peace,
Scott

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you Scott - on the struggle and the patience and the weird blend of contemplative and creative energy along with the urgency and anxiety! And it's only the first week of 2011! But, as you say, failure is not an option. It just isn't. Period. Good things are coming. They just stopped for a beer along the way it seems. Keep at it. We will too. Oh - and awesome chair photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,

    After reading your post, the same thing stuck with me as did for Miss. G. - that failure is not an option! What is the gallery doing as far as continued promotion for the course of the show? Anything? Traffic is needed!

    I can't wait to see the chair that you are working on. It sounds like it's a labor of love, but that it's prompted some soul searching too.

    Thank you for the photos too. The first one is my favorite, but you already know that.

    Take care, my friend,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellente
    Work
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you kind souls for your continued support it is much appreciated ! I will stay the course with the goal of displaying my chairs one day at The Smithsonian Museum Of American Art and do it before I die! :)
    I should have some photos by next post of the new chair, please stay tuned.
    Again thank you all and Peace,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott,
    what a beauty is the chair of the first photo!!
    Congratulation for your new blog!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete